2013 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4
The Mule™ 4010 4x4 side x side utility vehicle features a sure-footed four-wheel drive system and is loaded with great features to help you arrive and get things done on the toughest job sites. Besides its convenient selectable four-wheel drive system, it also features a heavy-duty full-sized chassis, reliable digital fuel injection, electric power steering (EPS), fully automatic transmission, locking rear differential and a tilting cargo bed.
At a glance…
• Selectable four-wheel drive
• New strong tubular steel front brush guard improves durability and helps protect the nose from trail debris and minor impacts
• New easy to read digital fuel gauge and hour meter
• New dash-mounted horn button eliminates unintended honking
• New sport-style steering wheel is covered in softer material and 33% thicker than last year’s model for enhanced comfort
• New 2” hitch receiver hitch allows towing of up to 1,200 lbs
• Powerful and torquey digital fuel injected V-twin engine
• Modern styling and low operating costs
• User friendly dashboard and controls
• Electric power steering system (EPS)
• Extremely strong large-diameter steel Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5 requirements for wheeled tractors, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
Liquid-Cooled V-twin Engine
• Industrial strength four-stroke, 617cc V-twin engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
• Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
• Large-capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
• Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
• Computer-controlled Digital Fuel injection (DFI®) system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, air and engine temperature for easy, prompt engine starting under a variety of conditions
• Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
• Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub-throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and are controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
• Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth, efficient operation
• Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
• Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Cab Frame Air Intake
• Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there is less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• DFI precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
• Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
• Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
• Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high/low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads or terrain
• The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
• An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
• Offers adjustable belt deflection
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
• The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
• The electric motor’s inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
• Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
• No power steering pump, so there is no power loss from the engine
• EPS only operates when the engine is running to keep from draining the battery
Four-Wheel Drive with 2-Speed Transfer Case
• Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
• Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions, or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
• Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction, or unlocked when traversing delicate terrain
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
• MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
• Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
• Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
• Semi-independent action
Four-Wheel, Self-Adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
• Four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
• The brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
• Low maintenance and powerful
Wheels and Tires
• 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls improve the ride and add ground clearance
• Rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
• Wheel bearing seals on all four wheels have three lips for better protection
Front Hood with Storage Tub
• Deeper under hood storage tub holds cargo out of sight
• Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
• Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
• Steel cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
• Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
Rugged and Capable
• New 2” receiver hitch allows towing of up to 1,200 pounds with optional Kawasaki draw bar
• Durable bodywork features modern styling inspired by heavy-duty trucks
• New strong tubular steel front guard improves durability and helps protect the nose from brush, trail debris and minor impacts
• Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5 requirements for wheeled tractors, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
• Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
• The oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
• Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
• An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
• New digital fuel gauge and hour meter makes it easier to see how much fuel is in the tank
• New dash-mounted horn eliminates unintended honking while turning
• New sport-style steering wheel is 33% thicker than last year’s model
• The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
• Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
• Comfortable bench seat can carry up to three occupants
• Dashboard has dual glove boxes and cupholders for both the driver and passenger
• 12V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity
• Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
• Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
Popular Accessory Items
• Soft or Hard Top
• Enclosed Cab
• Cab Heater
• Snow Plow
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
- Displacement: 617cc
- Bore x Stroke: 76 x 68mm
- Compression ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel System: Digital Fuel Injection
- Air filter: Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
- Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
- Ignition: Digital electronic
- Electrical: 12V DC, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, and reverse, 2WD/4WD
- Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-model differential
- Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Tires: 23x11-10 tubeless
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
- Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
- Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
- Fuel capacity: 6.2 gal.
- Curb weight: 1,406 lbs.
- Overall length: 118.3 in.
- Overall height: 75.8 in.
- Overall width: 62.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 73.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.9 in.
- Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 /15.6 cu. Ft.
- Load capacity: 1,330 lbs.
- Cargo Bed Capacity: 800 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,200 lbs.
- Turning radius: 11.2 ft.
- Top speed: 25 mph, governed
- Lighting: (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
- Instruments: Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, speedometer
- Color Choices: Dark Royal Red, Scout Green
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, overhead valve V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 x 68mm
- Compression Ratio
- 10.3: 1
- Fuel System
- Digital Fuel Injection
- Digital electronic
- Front Suspension
- Independent, MacPherson strut
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic drums, sealed
- Front Tire
- 23x11-10 tubeless
- Rear Suspension
- Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic drums, sealed
- Rear Tire
- 23x11-10 tubeless
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1,406 lb.
- 73.6 in.
- Front Travel
- 3.9 in.
- Rear Travel
- 2.8 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 6.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.2 gal.
- Box Capacity
- 800 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1,200 lb.
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, and reverse, 2WD/4WD
- Drive System
- Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-model differential
- Dark Royal Red, Scout Green
- 12 Months